One of the things that get me super excited when I browse a restaurant website is beautiful, professional, mouth-watering photos. Beautiful photos give your restaurant a large step ahead of the rest in the restaurant-goer’s, online shopping world. Since photos are very important to us, we offer a highly professional photography session to achieve food and location photos to captivate your customers when they land on your website. For people feeling adventurous, I reached out to our photographer, Edrea Lara to come up with a few tips on taking great food photos for your website.
- Shoot outdoors in natural light or next to a window with lots of natural light. Most typical indoor lights have a yellow tint that will throw off the color of food pictures.
- Leave the flash off. Direct flash will cause harsh shadows and blown out highlights that will decrease the appeal of your food.
- Try different angles. Overhead, at 45-degree angle, eye level. Try going closer and farther away, so you have a variety of shots.
- Zoom in on textures and details. It adds a variety to your presentation and gives customers the feeling that you pay attention to the little things.
- Include a model or human aspect, like a hand holding a plate to show off your portions. Sometimes people want to know that the slice of pie they are going to get is bigger than their thumbnail.
- Add accessories! Like a napkin, silverware, or drinks in the background to enhance the look and feel of what your restaurant has to offer in addition to the food.
Let’s see your food photos. Comment below.